It’s a new year, and many of us are making resolutions for 2022. Many of those resolutions involve our jobs and careers. As a financial professional, your resolution might look something like this: I want to grow my skills and get a new position that helps me advance my career.
There’s a lot to be said for doing your very best work, impressing your boss, helping your coworkers to achieve success, making a reputation for yourself at your firm… all those traditional methods for excelling in your career are perfectly viable, and you should absolutely pursue them. But there’s another method for advancing your financial career that you may not be aware of: working with a headhunter.
Working with a headhunter offers a myriad of benefits for you, especially if you’re a senior-level financial professional or you’re looking to break into the top levels soon. Let’s take a closer look at what exactly a headhunter is, how it differs from a recruiter, and how a headhunter can help you succeed in achieving those resolutions for 2022.
What is the Difference Between a Job Headhunter and a Recruiter?
Often, the terms “headhunter” and “recruiter” are used interchangeably. But the truth is that these two roles are different. And while there’s nothing wrong at all with working with a recruiter, the fact is that partnering with a headhunter may be the better choice for upper-level finance professionals.
What Does a Headhunter Do?
Headhunters recruit skilled, experienced individuals (typically high-level employees) to fill senior positions. Headhunters are typically very specialized in the type of recruiting that they do—a financial headhunter, for example, is highly experienced in accounting and finance recruitment. Additionally, a headhunter may be utilized by a company to find an employee for a very specific situation. Examples include launching a new initiative or technology, moving into a new market, or even preparing the company for a merger or sale.
What Does a Recruiter Do?
A recruiter helps to fill open positions for companies and candidates, regardless of level or seniority. The goal of a recruiter is to keep an eye out for open positions that fit their candidates’ needs, and then match those candidates with the employers who need staff. Recruiters work closely with their job candidates to understand their career goals, past experience, and skills in order to place them in roles that are beneficial for them and the employer.
What’s the Difference?
While there is some overlap between what a headhunter and a recruiter do, there are significant differences as well. As stated above, a headhunter typically recruits only high-level individuals to fill top roles, including leadership roles. Those roles may be essential for moving the company in a new direction or launching a new initiative or product. A recruiter, on the other hand, recruits for positions of all levels.
The other main difference between these two roles is that a headhunter typically pursues passive candidates, while recruiters tend to pursue active candidates. Passive candidates are those who are already employed and aren’t looking for a new job but may be open to one if the right opportunity comes along. In this way, headhunters may “poach” top talent from other employers and recruit them into a new role. Active candidates, conversely, are actively looking for a job, and recruiters help them find one.
What Are the Benefits of Working With an Accounting and Finance Headhunter in North Dallas, TX?
You’re ready to move up in your financial career, and you’re considering reaching out to a headhunter. You may be wondering: What exactly are the benefits of partnering with an accounting and finance headhunter in Dallas?
Headhunters offer job candidates like yourself a few key benefits:
- Headhunters save you time. Because headhunters act as a direct link between you, the candidate, and the employer, a lot of time is saved compared to the traditional job hunt. You won’t spend hours crafting applications, applying to jobs, following up, scheduling interviews with companies… it’s a significant time savings.
- Headhunters grant you exclusive access to jobs. Remember: Headhunters are usually pursuing passive candidates and seeking them out for unique roles in the highest levels of companies. Those jobs aren’t typically listed on your average job board. That means you’re getting exclusive access to jobs that others aren’t seeing.
- Headhunters give you feedback. Much like an accounting recruiter would, a headhunter can give you invaluable feedback on your resume, cover letter, or interviewing style. This information can be used to perfect your application and ace the interview in order to secure the job.
- Headhunters are discreet. If you’re already employed, you don’t want your current employer knowing that you’re working with a headhunter to find a new job. That’s why headhunters are discreet. Top-level executive recruitment can be a sensitive matter, especially if you’re being looked at to replace another executive at a competing company. Headhunters make it their business to be careful around these sensitive matters.
Our Headhunters Know the Local Dallas, TX Market
Another benefit of partnering with a finance headhunter in Dallas: They know the local market. PrideStaff’s talented headhunters have connections throughout Dallas and Texas at large that they can leverage to your advantage. Our headhunters and recruiters have spent years developing networks across the state—we can get you access to top finance jobs in Dallas that you won’t find anywhere else.
We Specialize in Accounting and Finance Executive Search Recruiting in Texas
Remember that headhunters are typically highly specialized in their particular fields. PrideStaff’s finance headhunters are no exception. Our headhunters not only know the local market and use their networks to that end, but they’re also experts in the accounting and finance staffing field. They know exactly what you as a candidate are looking for out of a job, and they know what employers can grant it. That makes it even easier for them to match top financial professionals like yourself with the jobs you really want.
How Can a Headhunter Help Me Find a Senior-Level Job in Dallas?
Are you interested in partnering with a headhunter to find a senior-level finance job in the Dallas area? Here’s what you can expect when you team up with our experts:
- We’ll get to know you. We’d love to know more about your background and work history, as well as your particular skills and accomplishments. This gives us a starting point for matching you with a great job.
- We’ll discuss your career goals. We want to know where you want to go and what you want to achieve in your financial career in 2022 and beyond. That helps us place you in a job that you enjoy and one that helps you grow.
- We’ll introduce you to employers. Now that we know your background, work history, and career goals, we can introduce you to employers looking for high-level accounting and finance talent.
- We’ll help you secure a top job. Before you know it, you’ll have a top job secured with a great company in the Dallas area.
Want to learn more about the headhunter process? Get in touch with a member of our recruiting firm today.
Senior-Level Accounting and Finance Positions We Place in Dallas, TX
At PrideStaff, we place a variety of accounting and finance professionals in top jobs around North Dallas, Downtown Dallas, and the greater Dallas area. Our accounting job headhunters excel at matching great senior-level individuals with high-level jobs in companies that value their contributions.
A few examples of the senior accounting and finance positions we place around Dallas are:
- Senior Accountant
- Senior Financial Analyst
- Payroll Administrator
- Accounts Payable Manager
- And many more!
Reach out to our accounting recruitment team to learn about other top-level roles we fill in Dallas and surrounding areas.
Contact Our Dallas Recruiters Today!
Are you making resolutions for 2022 that involve growing your career and leveling up your job in finance or accounting? As you’ve learned, there are plenty of good reasons to partner with a headhunter in the Dallas, TX area. Contact the accounting recruitment experts at PrideStaff. We can help match you with a company and role that helps you advance personally and professionally.
Our new division, G.A. Rogers and Associates, is focused exclusively on executive recruitment. Get in touch to learn more and get started on your senior-level job search.