It’s only natural to assume that your hardest working employees are making great strides for your company each day, but that’s not necessarily the case. Many people stay very for a full eight hours, but actually have very little to show for it by the time they head home.
If you want to take your business to the next level, focus on finding ways to help your team become more efficient, instead of forcing them to work overtime.
5 Ways to Help Your Team Work Smarter
Take the following five steps to increase your bottom line without overworking your employees:
- Revamp Outdated Processes: Do many of your employees have tasks on their to-do list that have been part of the company forever, but offer little-to-no benefit? If so, this is a complete waste of their time — and the company’s. Scrap these activities so your talented workers can focus their efforts on work that actually matters.
- Give Meetings an Overhaul: A survey conducted by Atlassian revealed the average employee spends 31 unproductive hours per month in meetings. Get this valuable time back by creating an agenda for each meeting, always starting on time and only inviting those who really need to be there. It can also be a great idea to hold standing meetings, as this encourages things to move at rapid pace.
- Encourage People to Take Breaks: This may sound counterproductive, but it can actually help production levels skyrocket. People can only sit in front of a computer for so long before they begin to lose focus. Getting up to walk around the office for a few minutes or heading outside for some fresh air rejuvenates the mind and allows people to concentrate better when they get back to their desk.
- Update Your Technology: If you can’t remember the last time you invested in a company-wide technology update, it’s almost positive that your team is wasting time trying to work with antiquated software and equipment. Outdated machinery often runs slow, is full of bugs and isn’t compatible with new programs. Sometimes you have to spend money to save even more of it.
- Put the Right People in the Right Jobs: Many jobs evolve over time and eventually the person holding the position might not be the best fit. Closely compare each person’s strengths with their current responsibilities and don’t be afraid to switch things up, if necessary.
Finding the best person for the job is a hefty challenge.
Partner with PrideStaff Dallas to get it right the first time. Our staffing experts are committed to filling your temporary, temp-to-hire and direct hire positions with the best and brightest professionals in the Greater Dallas Area.