You’ve earned your degree, and you’re on the job market – Now what?
Submitting your resume to a job posting can sometimes feel like it’s being sent down a never-ending black hole with millions of other applicants. What can you do to make employers look at your resume? Maybe the answer is much more than just your resume. In our ever-changing digital age, employers are often choosing to research more than what your resume has to offer. According to Adweek, 92% of recruiters are using social media to find high-quality candidates.
Get ahead of the curve, and make yourself stand out online. Here are our four tips for utilizing your LinkedIn profile when searching for a job.
- Tweak your headline. Clearly explain you and your value to an employer.
- Update your status and activity. Stay active, show your personality, and build connections. You are more than just your resume!
- Revisit your summary. This section of your profile is your opportunity to brag on yourself and your accomplishments. Be honest! List your contact information so that employers can reach you.
- Do your homework. Search for professionals who have your ideal career opportunity. Gain ideas from their activity and summaries.
- Bonus tip: Use a picture! Employers want to see you. Remember to keep it professional. Your LinkedIn profile may be your first “interview.”
For more information on PrideStaff’s career opportunities throughout North Dallas, visit our job posting site. To connect with one of our Staffing Consultants today, call 972-661-1616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.