In a modern job search, it is important to incorporate leading social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google+ into your job search strategy. In this video presented by PrideStaff Dallas, we discuss ways to use social media in your job search.
Has your job hunt stalled because employers are not responding to your inquiries?
If so, it could be time to rethink your communications strategy.
There’s a better way to gain an employer’s attention — and it’s easier than you may think.
Consider this — most recruiters rely on social media to check a candidate’s profile.
Why not take a page from their playbook, and leverage social surveillance to your advantage?
Here’s are some ways to help get an employer’s attention:
- Start By Looking in their Social Channels.
- Look at the company’s digital footprint — its primary website, its blog, as well as their presence on Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Search for the company’s hiring manager or recruiter’s name
- Review their LinkedIn profiles.
- Look to see if you have anything in common professionally
- Be sure to check for their interview pet peeves
- Check out the Company’s background.
- Familiarize yourself with the organization’s target demographics, recent news, as well as their products/services.
- Check the company’s profile to see if there is someone working in the position for which you’re applying.
- See if you can find out the qualifications or technical knowledge you need related to the job.
- Look for the challenges the company and its industry is facing then prepare two or three suggestions on how you could help address those issues.
Review the company’s values, vision and mission. Gaining knowledge of who you are dealing with and the problems they are facing could help to get that job interview you are looking for.
Contact Pridestaff and let us help better prepare you for your job search.